Global networking specialist to be scene and heard at the final Sunshine Coast Council events network (scene).
Dynamic global networking specialist Robyn Henderson will be a guest speaker at the final Sunshine Coast Council events network (scene) workshop and networking evening on Thursday 18 October 2012.
Event industry professionals are invited to take advantage of the opportunity to pick up valuable networking tips from Robyn Henderson, an author and contributor to more than 25 books on the subject of networking. With a proven track record including 18 years public speaking experience and presentations in 12 countries, Ms Henderson has never advertised her business.
Ms Henderson said all of her business comes from networking, referrals and her website.
- “I am continually asked why networking has become such a critical business tool,” Ms Henderson said.
- “I continually reinforce the message that businesses must be seen to get known and therefore move ahead.
- “Word of mouth referrals are very important as the market tightens.
- “There is a tendency to not go to networking events as people say they cannot afford the time but the truth is you can’t afford not to go.
- “People need to be seen, and become known, to move ahead – you want to remind people that you are still around and keen to do business.”
At the scene workshop Ms Henderson with be joined by Creative Collective CEO Yvette Adams, Sunshine Coast Airport’s Peter Pallot, Business Events Sunshine Coast Manager Pippa McCreery, University of the Sunshine Coast lecturer David Gration and Wicked Wolf and Awards Absolute Managing Director Liz Rivers.
The scene networking evening will be held in the Sustainability Centre at the Sunshine Coast TAFE Mooloolaba Campus from 5:30pm to 7pm and is free to attend.
For the full program of speakers and topics, to purchase tickets for the workshop which starts at 1.30pm or to RSVP to attend the free networking evening visit council’s website or phone on 5475 7272.
scene is supported by Business Events Sunshine Coast, the University of the Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast TAFE and Mantra Group who will all have strong input and involvement with the network.
Where: Sunshine Coast TAFE Mooloolaba Campus
When: Thursday 18 October 2012.