When the prospect of Aldi hit the town of Beerwah I think everybody was wondering why we needed another grocery store when we already had IGA and Woolworths.
Why I appreciate ALDI
- The staff at Aldi are always polite, friendly and helpful.
- Aldi do sell gluten-free bread which is reasonably priced and from time to time Aldi will have specials on gluten-free products and range a whole variety. (They should offer the full range all the times).
- Aldi’s prices are low, they have a large selection of most things and they also have a good organic range and quite a few good imported products as well.
- ALDI’s catalogue changes regularly and there is quite a big selection of products which you would not imagine would be sold at a grocery store.
- Aldi’s catalog ranges from household goods, home furnishings, camping, officeware, cookware, kitchenware, appliances, furniture and many more most of which they have on display in the store.
- There is plenty of parking and the parking spaces seem larger.
- ALDI have family friendly hours.
Comments about Shops in Beerwah
I support all the shops in town and feel that each offers a unique experience and each have specialty products or a wider range with more competitive prices for certain products so the frugal shopper simply has to shop around.
Woolworths in Beerwah: I’ve grown cautious about visiting Woollies, because each visit costs my family a small fortune that said, they do sell a good selection of teas, which they sell in larger quantities.
IGA in Beerwah: I do find the beverages such as Milo and Nesquick good to buy at IGA because they sell them in bigger quantities and they also have a good dairy free and gluten-free selection.
While IGA and Woolwoths are good all rounders store their prices are definitely a little higher than Aldi and every cent counts in our household.
I think Aldi has ended up being a very welcomed addition to the town of Beerwah in catering for those who are on a tight budget and those who are obviously happy to spend less.
These days the average family needs to shop wisely!
Article contributed by a local reader.
Leave a Reply